Each year, we plant a plot of corn, nurture it to maturity and design a maze. Once it is ready, local 4-H clubs hold a workday to prepare the maze for the October opening. In turn, each club hosts a weekend day at the maze. They are there to assist and answer questions. This year’s maze is filled with twists and turns sure to challenge all who attempt to find their way through.
The maze can take up to an hour to find your way through. Although, for those that just want a simple walk through we have a separate path that takes about 5 minutes. Either path will give you the wonderful experience of walking through a field with towering corn swaying above you.
From the very beginning, the corn maze admission price has gone to support local non-profit and school organizations. Through the years, as the maze has grown, we have been able to increase the groups we are able to help. Some of the organizations we have helped are 4H, FFA, Nor Cal Youth Livestock Association, Hamilton Drama Club, Orland Music Supporters, Hamilton Cross Country, Breast Cancer Research, Domestic Violence Prevention, Torres Shelter, Eric’s Tri Club, and others.
The maze is open daily in October from 10:00am -5:00pm. Admission price is $5.00 per person; children under 4 free. Cash Only
Hints and Tips
- The maze path is packed soil. It is best to wear closed toed shoes like tennis shoes or hiking boots. We do not recommend flip flops, sandals or high heels.
- Be aware that the maze can get muddy if we get any rain. Therefore, you will get muddy. Dress appropriately.
- It is a good idea to bring water with you into the maze especially on hot days.
- Use the restroom before entering the maze, there are no facilities inside the maze.
- All running/terrain strollers do well in the maze. (NO Country Pumpkins wagons allowed)
- The average visitor spends 30 minutes in the maze.
- There may be more than one path in the maze. If you wish to spend less time in the maze, the shorter paths are clearly marked. Read the signs carefully to follow the path you want.
Kids love to climb and what better way than on an old fashion hay stack, with an old fashion slide! Welcome to our country playground!
If the daytime maze is too tame, Try finding your way in the dark. Laugh, Fun, and Screams galore!
Pumpkin Butter, jellies, preserves, nuts, and more. Stroll through the country store for snacks and gifts.